Administrator – Chief Academic Officer Office – Jumeira University Dubai, UAE
About the Company
JUMEIRA University, a private higher education institute, prepares students for professional careers in Business, Education, Health science, Islamic and Arabic Studies. Our core learning values are founded on Educational Excellence, Equal Learning Opportunities and preserving the traditions of our community. We provide cutting edge technology facilities, option to study in English and Arabic and provide separate teaching and recreational facilities for both male and female students. We offer accredited bachelor programs in Business and Islamic Studies. Our bachelor programs in Health Science, Education and Arabic studies are under accreditation.
Administrator – Chief Academic Officer Office
The Administrator role would have primary responsibility for providing administrative support to the CAO office and the instructional functions within the academic Deanship. This includes coordination of work flow demands, administrative support and scheduling meetings and committees. The role requires excellent communication skills to administer relationships with reporting departments, offices and centers across the university key stakeholders.
– Serve as the personal assistance to CAO to handle: calendars, appointments, mail, phone massages, schedules and internal and external meetings.
– Handle or redirect inquiries and requests for information received in person, by telephone or E-mail from internal and external sources as directed and instructed by the CAO.
– Provide secretarial support for the teaching and research activities of the CAO.
– Provide secretarial support to Academic Units Committees and Task Force.
– Serve as liaison with the Human Resources Development Departments on recruitment logistics of new faculty and vacant positions within the Academic Unit.
– Handles the all arrangements and logistics of all external faculty job appointments and ensure appropriate coordination with HR, Registrar, IT and Campus Services Offices from the start to the end of the appointments to facilitate efficient deployment and departure of external faculty.
– Monitors appointment schedule to advice of upcoming appointment renewals.
– Provide new faculty members and academic visitors with relevant information concerning appointments, office logistics, travel and moving policies, etc.
– Responsible for office logistics and supplies for the academic unit and coordinate with campus services to ensure that the units computers, stationary and suppliers are provided and maintained according to JU policy.
– Maintain the CAO Office files for Faculty and University committees, departments, Taskforce, Groups, etc.
– Archive files materials in accordance with JU policy procedures.
– Liaise with Compliance office on all deadlines and submissions of reports and required documentations.
– Execute activities when allocated within one of the University Taskforce Teams.
Reporting to: Chief Academic Officer
Desired start date: ASAP
– Minimum 0-2 years in office administration.
– Possesses an earned bachelor degree or relevant professional qualifications in IT.
– English language proficiency
– Arabic Language is a must
The position demands effective interpersonal and organizational skills, excellent computer skills, vigilant with attention for detail, Ability to stay organized and works in a fast paced environment. Language literacy in English and Arabic is a must. Working knowledge in budgeting and procurement is highly desirable.Apply for this job.