Analyst – GC (Industries) – Standard Chartered Bank – UAE Dubai, UAE
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
Provide junior support in the coverage and/or execution of transactions for the Industry.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
– Perform financial and valuation analyses using various methodologies relevant for the Industry
– Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions
– Participate in both origination and execution of transactions, from the pitch phase through to closing
– Support the preparation of presentation materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as strategic alternatives, capital markets activity and general corporate finance
– Support the origination and execution of equity and debt transactions including due diligence and drafting of documents
– Maintain up to date knowledge on clients and targets
– Research and analysis of markets and industries
– Research and financial analysis of companies based on company information, research reports, and other information sources
– Coordinate efforts with deal team members across the Bank
– Involved in day to day project management and execution support
– Complete all required credit and regulatory examinations
– Qualification with relevant Industry experience or Degree or post graduate qualified from a top-tier school is highly desirable
– Strong analytical and communication skills
– Prior relevant experience in a top-tier investment bank with a track record in Structured Debt, Project Finance, M&A, Capital Markets, Financial Markets or Structured Trade transactions is favourable
– Solid financial evaluation and Excel abilities would be an added advantage
– Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
– Strong work ethic, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
– Attention to detail
– Ability to deliver under time pressure
– Track record of working as a team member
The closing date for applications is 07/12/2014. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.