Assistant/Associate Professor -Healthcare Management – Al Raee Recruitment Services
Purpose of the Job
Faculty plays a critical role in the college as the professionals who are most responsible for each student’s learning experience. Through high-level content expertise, strong pedagogical skills, expert advising, and appropriate scholarship, faculty ensures that students are receiving an engaging, relevant, and high-quality curriculum and instruction to prepare them for careers and further education in their chosen fields.
Faculty works closely with Heads of Departments and other faculty and staff colleagues to ensure that students receive the highest quality education possible, while also supporting the operational objectives of the faculty member’s respective department such as enrolment and retention, accreditation, program development and revision, research, and the financial health of the department.
Most importantly, faculty are educators who must be highly effective and supportive teachers, ensuring that students learn both theoretical and applied knowledge and skills that will lead to high value employability, both locally and internationally. In addition to theoretical and applied content expertise, faculty must have a theory of practice for their own pedagogy, with a clear understanding of how they will engage students as active learners, with a variety of highly effective instructional and assessment techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Highly engaging curriculum and instruction, supported by effective learning assessment
– Communication skills and motivational techniques
– Academic advising
– Attendance and grading
– Support of student services, ELC, finance, and other departments as necessary
– All classroom related paperwork
– Active role in supporting enrolment and retention
– Program revision and development
– Support for HODs in achieving financial goals
– Scholarship and applied research
– Curriculum, instruction, and assessment (pedagogy)
PhD Healthcare Management or Health Organization Management or Equivalent degree
• Minimum 3 years of academic experience in relevant field
• Experience in student-centered institution preferred
• Record of scholarship
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|