Business Development Executive – Legal – Carter Murray UAE
About the Company
Carter Murray is a specialist recruitment consultancy specialising in the placement of marketing professionals into professional services firms, the financial services sector, multi-national corporations and global brands from our offices in London, Dubai and Sydney. Carter Murray is a member of The SR Group, a specialist global recruitment consultancy founded in 1987, operating in the niche markets of Taxation, Legal, HR and Marketing recruitment. From the world’s largest companies to small owner-managed businesses, we recruit at all levels for a complete cross-section of clients. Our clients include the full range of UK and international professional services firms and financial services companies. We recognise that they expect an exceptional level of service and a real knowledge of today’s highly specialised market.Each of our consultants personally manages their own clients and specialises in specific areas of this key marketplace. We take the time to really understand both parties’ needs and provide focused and consistent advice.
Business Development Executive – Legal – Dubai
This role would suit someone who really wants to make their mark and be willing to get involved in the full range of Business Development activity. This will range from BD advice to partners to working on mailing lists and events.
Having a willingness and ability to get involved in the small details as well as the overall strategy for the office will be key. This role certainly has scope to develop over time and would ideally suit someone with excellent experience at executive level who would like to move up to a managerial role within the next 12 months.
* Provide support for the implementation of individual partner and practice area plans
* Develop and help execute client relationship plans where appropriate
* Build the firm’s reputation in the Middle East – deploying a mix of activities that includes personal networking, writing Chambers and Legal 500 directory submissions, and working with local and regional media (working with the London communications team)
* Manage competitive pitches, including advising on strategy and tactics and drafting persuasive content
* Develop practical BD insights and potential opportunities for fee-earners as a result of (eg) reading relevant business titles, subscribing to online services, and conducting research into sectors, trends and target/existing clients
* Draft persuasive and engaging copy for marketing collateral (including seminars, awards, website, pitches, profile sheets) and make sure all material is available and up to date
* Work closely with BD colleagues in international offices
* Contribute generally to the development and implementation of office and practice strategies
* Champion best practice use of InterAction, our CRM system, within the groups
* Consistently look for ways to improve BD practices and outcomes to ensure that we maximise value from everything we do
* Manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritise accordingly
* You will be a graduate with broad marketing and business development experience.
* You will have at least four years of business development experience in a business-to-business environment – preferably in a professional services firm, although this is not essential.
* Ability to produce effective copy for pitches and marketing material, with a good eye for detail
* Be well organised and someone who delivers what they promise to fee-earners to a consistently high standard of quality
* Have a track record of putting in place BD processes / procedures / systems to ensure the quality of BD output and the efficiency of service delivery
* A skilled communicator with the ability to influence people at all levels
* Commercially aware and knowledgeable and able to demonstrate that you consistently add value to BD thinking and activities.
* A proven track record of working with senior management to introduce best practice and other new initiatives/projects across the firm as appropriate
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Apply for this job.