Business Development Manager – Facility Management – Al Fardan Exchange Abu Dhabi, UAE
About the Company
Al Fardan Exchange is one of the oldest and leading names in the UAE remittance market and a pioneer in the industry of UAE money exchange business.
Privileged to be a part of the reputable Al Fardan Group, Al Fardan Exchange is into the remittance market since more than 40 years. Al Fardan Group is also managing many other businesses like Real Estate, High Class Jewellery, Financial Services and Trading under its one umbrella presided by Mr. Hassan Al Fardan, Chairman, Al Fardan Group.
The foundation of Al Fardan Group was laid when the late Haji Ebrahim Hasan Al Fardan began the pearl and jewelry trading as a natural extension of activities carried out by his fore fathers. These activities were further developed and cultivated by Hassan and Hussain, sons of late Haji Ebrahim Hasan Al Fardan. Its because of there long term vision and insight that Al Fardan Group has reached to this stage after years of evolution.
Al Fardan later diversified into the business of Real Estate and Money Exchange which added to the strength of the group.
An outstanding opportunity exists for an accomplished Business Development Manager to join this leading Real estate company for their Facility Management division assisting it with its expansion plans
The company offer Civil, MEP & building maintenance services for commercial / residential, public sector schools, mall and hospitals as well as high-end residential buildings in Abu Dhabi.
* BDM will be responsible for building new key customer relationships as well as identifying new business opportunities to provide facility management services.
* Responsible for arranging client meetings, visiting suppliers & consultants and generally opening the door for the company technical teams to develop proposals for work as well as attending industry functions, organizing marketing events.
* Securing and closing new MEP/ Civil and building maintenance contracts in Abu Dhabi.
* New business development, and managing existing accounts, contracts and renewals.
* Job costing, tenders, pricing and commercial documentation.
* BD Manager is involved in both strategic planning & day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises. Likely areas of responsibility include soft & hard services:
* Procurement and contract management
* Maintenance & operation
* Asset Management
* Planning and Engineering
* Contracts Management
* Policies & procedure
* Knowledge-based management
* Client Help Desks
* Cost & performance Management
* building trades and grounds maintenance;
* Cleaning & security;
* Utilities and communications infrastructure;
* Space management.
* A strong understanding of M&E and hard and soft FM services as well a comprehensive appreciation of the tender process with regards to commercial and public sector procurement are also key attributes you will need to demonstrate.
* BD Manager is also involved in the following activities;
* Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors
* Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors.
* Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
* Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
* Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
* Liaising with tenants of commercial properties.
* Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements.
* Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
* Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility.
* Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
* Direct and oversee the activities of FM Strategy & Business Development Department, aiming at identifying, analyzing and recommending specific business opportunities for the profitable growth and diversification of FM.
* Communicate and discuss the departments guidelines and procedures with employees to ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities are defined and understood
* Provide guidance and leadership to department employees to ensure effective and efficient flow of work
* Engineering Degree / Graduate with MBA in Marketing or Sales with min. 7-8 yrs of exp. in UAE
* Proven Sales experience within Facility Management in Real Estate industry in Abu Dhabi
* Vast exposure to Facilities Management practices & solutions.
* Solid awareness of HS&E guidelines, asset & space & cost management.
* Should have working knowledge / rules & regulation/approval processing with Real Estate Authority, Municipality, Civil Defense & other governmental authorities in Abu Dhabi (UAE)
* Maintenance techniques exposure (Pro-Active, Condition Based)
* Experienced in securing Mechanical, Electrical or HVAC service contracts, agreeing SLA`s etc
* Solid communication, presentation, reporting and time management skills
* Strong business account management & sales approach with strong business management practices.
* Capable of playing a leading role in a team-work environment.
* Exposure to Abu Dhabi (UAE) real estate and property development in the public & private sectors
* UAE Drivers License
* The ideal Business Development Manager with have a strong background in selling Maintenance Contracts within the facilities management or general construction contracting industry with a track record of securing high value deals especially within the commercial and public sector.