Business Development Manager, MENA
Based in the MENA region this role is an integral part of the group’s business development activities. The scope is large and it is necessary to intensively cooperate with external stakeholders (customers, governmental authorities and associations) and internal stakeholders (sales, marketing and technical colleagues) to be successful.
New Business Development
– Identify new opportunities for Business Line products and services in the MENA region that currently have no sales representation. Lead the introduction of products into these new markets until the Business Lines have established a sales support strategy.
– Promote new opportunities for existing products sold in the region in collaboration with the local sales force.
– Contribute to the development of Business Line’s strategies / plans and budgets.
– Ensure the implementation of corporate policies, project management processes and procedures throughout project implementation.
– Gather, study and evaluate market reports from third sources, visit reports from the sales force, annual reports of existing and potential customers and competitors.
– Liaise with other functional departments to ensure that the right resources and support is available for any opportunity evaluation.
– Visit trade fairs, existing and potential customers and authorities
– Develop a network of relationships with customers, authorities and associations as well as within the company
– Identify opportunities for capital investment, acquisition, joint venture, partnership and trading.
– Undertake initial review and assessment of offers from potential partners and recommend to the Business Line if the project should proceed to the next stage of assessment/development.
– Proactively assist and where appropriate lead the development of new opportunities through all project phases from identification and screening, pre-feasibility study, feasibility study, FEED, and project execution in line with internal project development quality procedures.
– Provide technical and business expertise, advice and support to major projects in various stages of development.
– Perform economic & commercial analyses to evaluate an opportunity, drive project optimization and support business decisions.
– Participate in the preparation and negotiation of relevant project technical and commercial agreements.
– Work with the project / owners team to review / develop RFP’s, scoping papers, ITB’s for feasibility and design studies, market studies, solicit offers for technology licensing and FEED/ EPC bids where appropriate.
– Review technical, market studies, projects specifications and major packages during project development.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Other; Petrochemicals|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|