Category Manager – Frozen & Dry Foods – FARZANA TRADING
The purpose of this position is to manage and grow the Category. Must develop and execute strategy to achieve profitable growth
Key Result Areas
- Achievement of Financial objectives.
- Achievement of Market Expansion targets.
- Achievement of Category expansion targets.
- Ensuring effectiveness of Team
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Must achieve sales and revenue targets fixed by the company.
· Must ensure the achievement of Gross Margin objectives.
· Must constantly explore new and existing markets for expansion and ensure appointment of channel partners in areas agreed for expansion.
· Must constantly explore opportunities for category expansion by adding products to the portfolio.
· Must develop a business case for including new products in the category which includes Procurement cost, marketing expenses, projected 3 year revenue and gross margins, product placement plan in channels.
· Must ensure collection of outstanding meets prescribed credit guidelines.
· Must ensure Credit management procedures are adhered to by the Sales Executives.
· Should execute the tactical plan agreed with the management to achieve the targets.
· Should operate within the planned expense budget and stipulated pricing guidelines.
· Should maintain the agreed level of performance for self and team.
· Must ensure the customer satisfaction is maintained and key accounts are retained.
· Should play a key role in major sales promotion activities like trade shows and exhibitions.
· Should adhere to systems & processes.
· Must deploy financial and market expansion targets to the team members and review them on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· Must provide guidance, motivation, support and coaching to team members to ensure that they achieve their targets.
OTHER SUPERVIOSRY RESPONSIBILITIES – GENERAL
· Plan departmental activities, capture performance data and review and analyze data.
· Implement control procedures to minimize performance deviations.
· Provide inputs to finance department on budgetary requirements whenever asked for.
· Play an active role in recruitment process by screening resumes and conducting preliminary interviews.
· Induct new employees in to the department by explaining role, responsibilities and key performance indicators.
· Conduct training programs to bridge skill and knowledge gaps.
· Provide on the job training to new members who join the department.
· Conduct performance appraisal for department staff.
· Execute and complete all the instructions given by the supervisor that is related to the objectives set for the position.
· Extend professional support to all other colleagues to the extent possible and maintain cordial and healthy work atmosphere.
· Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives.
· Constantly acquire knowledge and remain abreast with latest technologies & market trends.
· Pro-actively take responsibilities of other team members, colleagues or seniors during their absence.
Reporting To: General Manager (GM)
Positions Supervised: Sales Executives
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Monthly Salary:||US $6,000|