Chief Accounting Officer – Michael Page Dubai, UAE
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Our client is a global group with a well established presence within region. They are currently looking for a French speaking Chief Accounting Officer to manage the accounting and reporting function for the Middle East region.
The responsibilities of the French Speaking Chief Accounting Officer include the following main tasks:
– Maintain / improve an organisation structure suitable for a Shared Service Centre environment
– Management of GL and reporting team (around 15 people)
– Complete ownership of the General Ledger and its integrity
– Preparation of actual monthly reporting under IFRS for all regional entities
– Timely issuing of monthly results reports
– Develop and maintain strong financial monitoring controls
– Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
– Audit coordination
– Manage relationship with internal stakeholders
– Tax compliance and tax planning in coordination with Group Tax Director
– Timely issuing of statutory accounts
– Compliance with Group guidelines, IFRS and local GAAP.
– Development of strong and effective Service Level Agreements
– Maintain a strong link with the country based financial directors
– Maintain and improve the Service Level Agreement with all affiliated businesses.
– Fluent in French and/ or Arabic
– Bachelor in accounting, administration or audit
– Big 4 qualified accountant
– Solid track record in Financial controlling of multi business unit organisation
– High level and up to date technical knowledge of IFRS
– Extremely organised and structured
– Excellent team player
– Strong communicator
– Experience of management and motivation of similar number of staff (the present team includes 15 people)