Chief Operations Officer – COO – Homeland Security Techology Innovator – GCC Region
Zenith operates internationally with a focus on the GCC region. Having established itself as a premium solution provider in the homeland security market, spanning the IT and physical security spheres Zenith’s in house software and hardware development capability have seen the creation of profitable and scalable technology solutions for sale into the regional and global market ranging for Zenith’s advanced fixed and mobile ANPR solutions, including the world first Intelligent Lightbar for law enforcement, to Zenith’s big data platforms for Open Source Intelligence monitoring and data fusion for homeland security.
To support our growth and expansion in the Middle East region Zenith is recruiting a high caliber Chief Operations Officer to help drive the execution of the business strategy and manage operations. Reporting into the CEO this is a position that requires an individual with extensive experience on the ground in the Middle East running a successful business with a hands on approach. The candidate must speak both Arabic and English fluently and have a high level of drive and motivation along with the ability to drive and motivate a highly skilled team of individuals.
Covering a full range of business functions at the operational level including recruitment and HR, supplier management, product development and roadmap, operational systems implementation and critically, revenue generation, the role offers an exciting opportunity in this high growth sector with a dynamic and highly capable organisation that is well established in the region with a world class product portfolio and technical capability.
The individual will have a background in the technology sector, ideally in the homeland security and law enforcement market. Physical security, Big Data or Software development backgrounds are preferred with proven experience in managing the growth of a successful organisation and the implementation of strategy, systems and people required to support the growth.
Experience in a multi-national organisation or highly successful smaller players operating in the Homeland Security market would provide a good background to suit the challenges of the role.
Educated to Masters level in a Business or Engineering area with internationally recognised MBA candidates preferred.
The role is a senior position and critical to the success of the organisation’s growth in the GCC region. The candidate will be required to manage business operation while also engaging directly with suppliers and customers with a focus on process improvement, recruitment and retention, revenue growth and cost control.
• Develop business strategy with management team with a focus on target markets, suppliers, product roadmap, resourcing, processes and systems to support growth plans.
• Direct business operations in ways consistent with corporate strategic goals and performance targets
• Monitor business progress against performance targets and organise counter measures when required
• Define an optimum organisation and staffing structure for the organisation in conjunction with senior management
• Upgrade human resources functions including: training, development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance evaluation and recruiting
• Analyse the current technology infrastructure and scope out the next level of information technology and financial systems that support the growth of specific programs and the organisation overall.
• Development and implementation of systems for reporting, measurement and supporting local revenue generation
• Key customer engagement focused on new customer acquisition and customer retention and growth.
• Support Sales Director in the development of business development approaches for GCC region.
• Focus on revenue management and cost control.
• Policy and Best Practice improvement through review and improvement of procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with key staff and ensuring documentation is implemented and maintained.
• Identification of key certification requirements and management of certification process working with senior management team.
• Review of and implementation of key operational systems to provide cost management, efficiency and visibility.
• Overall business performance management reporting.
• Product roadmap review with senior management and alignment of resources and reporting to ensure efficient allocation of resources and alignment with customer and market requirements.
• Cross functional role between front-office functions (sales, business development, project management) and Back-Office and R&D (Product Development, Finance, Legal);
• Maintain quality service by implementing best practice standards and process and monitoring and reporting against them.
• Implementation of bid management best practice and pricing and bid negotiation management with senior management team.
• Overall operations process improvement across the organisation.
• Supplier review, negotiation and process management for optimum efficiency.
• Reporting and budget management.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Information Technology; Computer/Software; Law Enforcement/Security Services|