CIC Specialist – Standard Chartered Bank – UAE Dubai, UAE
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
– Primarily responsible for providing direct sales support on post origination activities like documentation, reporting, etc by engaging with client, CRC, legal, compliance, etc
– Active engagement with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits.
– Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and jointly responsible for the revenue growth
– Ensure high standards of hygiene (including OR, Portfolio management, Credit risk, etc) in the portfolio.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
– Strongly assist the RM in origination by preparing pitch book, industry leads, etc.
– Assist the RM and CA in preparing briefing notes for senior management visits.
– Document the client meetings attended by preparing a call report via the CRM system
– Ensure timely completion of account opening formalities of the client including collection of documents, signature verification etc., by liaising with cash operations & the CCM Specialist teams.
– Work in partnership with FM to setup FEDS/MUREX ID and ISDA request
Client on-boarding & deal execution:
– Assist the RM in liaising with Legal & Compliance, CRC and clients to resolve documentation issues like T & C deviations for standard documents.
– Obtain approval for modification in standard documentation wherever necessary from appropriate authority.
– Ensure documentation is completed and the limits loaded properly to ensure faster execution of the transaction.
– Work with the CDD team to ensure eCDDs are created and renewed on time.
– Seek approval from various authorities for release of trade offerings and release the deal in IMEX.
Account Management and portfolio quality:
– Actively engage with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits
– Work closely with product partners for coordinating client training for non lending products. (Client training to be conducted by Product Partners.)
– Track past dues and excesses in the portfolio meticulously and ensure they are regularized on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and RM.
– Seek necessary approvals, wherever required and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
– Co-ordinate with Ops / GSSC for any rectifying any ops related issues and issue SIFs wherever required within the authority.
– Ensure document deficiencies are minimum (as reflected by DDR, GDR, etc) and are rectified on time.
– Liaise with other banks for information sharing and seeking opinion reports and respond to NOC requests from other banks/NAK etc.
– Liaise with FAM/GAM/RAM for day to day account maintenance and operational issues.
– Arrange for stock inspection/Valuation
– Ensure correctness of data in SCI/CRM/CPPR, etc. Attend portfolio review meetings along with RM/CA/Team leaders
– Track and action on Failed Trade Report
– Ensure compliance of all internal/regulatory policies & regulations.
– Ensure compliance to Group Operational Risk Policy, Anti-Money Laundering Prevention policy and other relevant policies. Cooperate with the Money Laundering Prevention Officers (Unit, Business, and Country) to ensure compliance to internal and external controls and procedures for money laundering prevention.
– Where appropriate, assist in the investigation of financial crime risks and the reporting of suspicious activities.
– University degree or equivalent is highly desirable
– Experience in a corporate banking environment is preferable
– Ambitious and dynamic individuals with a strong desire to learn are encouraged to apply
– Relevant banking experience in similar functions would have added advantage
– Strong trade finance experience is prefered
– Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills are desirable
– Responsive, proactive and team player.
– UAE nationals are preferred
The closing date for applications is 08/12/2014. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.