Database Machine Administrator
Key activities may include:
• Develop and maintain system documentation related to your Oracle Exadata / Oracle SuperCluster and software configuration
• Patch & release management (database, server, network, Oracle Exadata)
• Establish appropriate procedures and guidelines to pursue, track and document service requests
• Evaluating overall performance of your computer systems and providing recommendations for improving performance.
• Monitor and maintain critical hardware information for the database machine
• Monitor and address database machine alerts
• New database instance creation, Backup and recovery procedures implementation, Database administration, Performance tuning of the database
• Monitor and manage infiniband performance using the Aggregate Sensor that takes input from multiple sensors
• Set up alerts and threshold criteria in Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
• Overall required skill for component wise in percentage as follows.
o 60% Database Administration
o 20% Cell Storage Administration
o 15% Linux Administration
o 5% Miscellaneous (Infiniband, network, etc.)
Database Administration: Includes single instance, single instance on ASM, one or more RAC node database. Exadata specific parameters.
Hardware installation and maintenance: A database machine required periodic maintenance like firmware upgrade or replace any failure component of machine.
Network Administration: Exadata comes with CISCO ethernet switch for Management and ILOM network, infiniband swithces for cell and DB Node node connectivity so management of network is also includes in DMA’s task. General knowledge of netwrok topology required to manage Infiniband switches.
Operating System Administration: Linux or Solaris OS administration. Also manage server availability during patching with high availability management. Setting up users, applying patches, managing disk space, NFS mount,
Exadata Storage Administration: Important component of Exadata. In depth knowledge is required to manage the cell servers as this is the main component of Exadata which also configured with Exadata Storage Software. It include monitoring of celldisk, griddisk, cell flash cache, flash disks, OS administration, infiniband connectivity administration. Maintain storage availability during patching.
Grid Infrastructure Administration: Inlcudes clusterware, ASM disk group, mirrored cell group as Exadata managed mirroring on ASM level not cell level.
• Oracle Database 10g, 11g
• Oracle Exadata
• Oracle Linux
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|