Director – Planning & Design
A leading real estate developer based in Dubai is urgently looking for a Director – Planning & Design to support the Communities development team by managing planning and design activities across a number of Communities Projects. This role is reporting to the Head of Architecture & Design / Head of Development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare planning and design inputs into Development Briefs.
2. Provides overall technical planning and design support to the Development team.
3. Test-fits to assess the capacity of land lots (sizes vary up to hundreds of hectares) to accommodate specified densities and uses. This includes hand-sketches, CAD drawings, 3D diagrams, area tables, …etc.
4. Prepare Design Briefs and RFP’s for engagement of master planners, urban designers, landscape consultants and concept architects.
5. Support the management and oversee the external master planners, urban designers, landscape consultants and concept architects.
6. Co-ordinate master planning consultant team with government regulations in respect to land use planning to formulate development controls from land use planning into development controls with government officials and development.
7. Prepare Development Control Regulations.
8. Design, promote, or administer government plans or policies affecting land use, zoning, public
utilities, community facilities, housing, or transportation.
9. Review and evaluate environmental impact reports pertaining to private or public planning projects or programmes.
10. Conduct site visits with field investigations, surveys, impact studies, or other research to compile and analyze data on economic, social, regulatory, or physical factors affecting land use.
11. Create, prepare, or requisition graphic or narrative reports on land use data, including land area maps overlaid with geographic variables such as population density.
12. Investigate with development teams the development rights of property to be developed.
13. Co-ordinate with the Development team for procurement of all Planning and Design consultants.
14. Assess the feasibility of proposals with the development team and identify necessary changes to planning.
15. Developing practical, comprehensive and effective plans and programs for land and physical use of Projects including data analysis of economic, social and environmental factors affecting land use, specifically for building applications.
16. Prepare masterplan presentations as required.
17. Prepare design standards for residential and commercial product across different geographies.
18. Carry out architectural and interior design reviews as per internal policies and procedures.
19. Initiate & recommend as per internal policies and procedures all planning tasks.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Real Estate; Construction/Civil Engineering|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|