Fleet Manager – Averda
The basic function of this position is to overview the company fleet used globally and ensure effective and efficient distribution and availability of vehicle and container in addition to their repair management, along with promoting efficient maintenance and producing fleet management optimizations.
- Custodian for the fleet, containers and mobile equipment register ensuring it complies with the fixed asset register database.
- Contribute to the group operational strategy and convert the maintenance strategy to specific activities for maintenance and management of vehicles across the various depots.
- Contribute to the group strategy by increasing profitability through introducing cost control measures, identifying maintenance and employee development programmes
- Implement stringent safety and maintenance practices standards throughout the department
- Manage, facilitate, and ensure all vehicle documentation and registrations to the relevant department of transportation are timely and prepare for any inspection visits to ensure the success.
- Ensure full utilization of the group’s Enterprise Asset Management solution across the different operating units and maximize the automation of processes as enabled by the solution
- Develop, maintain and ensure the implementation of a dynamic Preventive Maintenance schedule in accordance to supplier recommendation and historic company data
- Develop and manage fleet related dashboards capturing the main performance indicators for the health of the fleet (consumption, availability, safety, etc)
- Coordinate with Global and Local Delivery Centres on the development of dashboards that record driver behaviour and fleet impact on service delivery
- Plan, review and develop the workshop technicians’ capabilities on best practices and specialized vehicle and equipment services along with suppliers as well as preparing and conducting planned training as scheduled
- Assist and complete the group vehicle investment needs (CAPEX) in coordination with the operational and business development teams to deliver and produce an investment plan and prepare for eventual requirements and fast deployment needs.
- Propose, introduce, and maintain any fleet related system (solution) to control and enhance the performance of the fleet (fuel, tires, maintenance contracts)
- Prepare and conduct fleet and workshop evaluations periodically ensuring that it complies with the company Quality Management System standards
- Monitor and continuously review the different specialized markets and report on novelties and changes related to our fleet and equipment
- Manage and develop the Fleet Management team and ensure it is adequately sized and equipped, while making sure that succession planning is in place.
- Comply with the Health & Safety instructions:
- Develop policies, procedures, and instructions necessary to ensure effective planning, operation and control of the department’s activities.
- Develop documentation necessary to ensure effective control of health, safety and environmental aspects of all activities and promote HSE awareness within the department.
- Ensure quality & safety within functions/ tasks performed by himself/ herself and staff reporting to him/ her.
- Responsible for exercising due diligence towards health & safety of self and others within the organization.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable HSE instructions, requirements, laws and regulations received from customers, regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Review effectiveness of the QHSE system on a regular basis.
- Responsible for notifying to MR QHSE occurrences, events, violations and acts that may adversely impact QHSE practices.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES/SUCCESS CRITERIA
- Clear direction provided to team members for where Fleet department is heading and requirements from team members
- Fleet reporting dashboard accuracy
- Efficient deployment of vehicles across organization
- Effective service improvements made
- Management within investment plan agreement
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Logistics and Transportation|