General Manager – I-Talent
Experienced General Manager for a hypermarket chain is required. The GM will be responsible for the seamless operations of the Company, managing all matters relating to governance, operational delivery and timely provision. Will also be responsible for overseeing the Human Resources including overseeing workforce planning and budgeting, reviewing and approving payroll and addressing learning and development requirements of all employees. Moreover, the General Manager will oversee marketing initiatives across the company’s supermarkets including developing and executing marketing strategies and overseeing all administration related activities across the company.
Experienced General Manager at the Corporate Office to manage a Retail hypermarket chain is required. The GM will be responsible for managing matters relating to governance, operational performance and timely provision. Responsible for Human Resources including planning, budgeting, payroll and Professional Development. Will also oversee marketing initiatives including developing and executing marketing strategies and overseeing all administration activities.
The GM will be reporting to the Managing Director.
1. Oversee the entity’s operations and activities, including evaluating operational and financial performance, lead and support teams across all functions to ensure the business success.
2. Assess the principal risks to the entity and ensure that these risks are being effectively monitored and mitigated.
3. Establish and maintain a strong and committed management team ensuring common aims and direction.
4. Oversee the development and implementation of policies, procedures and business processes to ensure their functionality according to the leading practices.
5. Provide periodic reports to the MD to ensure continuous improvement.
6. Coordinate with the Director of Finance in developing the Departments’ business plans and budget and ensure that the Departments are working within defined budget parameters.
7. Recommend the yearly budget for Board/Managing Director approval and prudently manage resources within those budget guidelines and prepare timely management information (e.g. reports, presentations).
8. Be the primary interface between the entity and the MD.
9. Review reports submitted by staff members for approvals or changes.
10. Oversee and directs the operations of the business unit on a day to day basis, reviews service quality, duration of time taken to provide associated services, and end user feedback.
11. Interact with stakeholders/partners/suppliers and contractors and provides the needed input towards the resolution of concerns, disputes and other challenges.
12. Ensure enforcement of applicable laws and regulations in close coordination with the General Counsel.
13. Undertake quality assurance of customer-related activities and assess customer satisfaction through targeted activities.
14. In partnership with Human Resources, evaluate the required Training and Development programs for subordinates in order to provide the needed training opportunities for professional growth.
15. Review payroll for the month and flag any discrepancies.
16. Oversee recruitment activities across the entity including signing off the Workforce Plan, Budget and obtain approval as per the DOA, in addition to monitoring transfers, promotions, hiring and terminations and enforce disciplinary and grievance procedures when necessary.
17. Initiate market research and effectively translate complex analysis into well-structured and comprehensive presentations and recommendations for marketing initiatives.
18. Understand local markets and trends in retail and conduct targeted competitive surveys as well as ensure present and future concepts are “market-ready”.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Retail/Wholesale; Merchandising; Sales|
|Nationality:||Albania; Austria; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Belgium; Bulgaria; Belarus; Switzerland; Czech Republic; Germany; Denmark; Estonia; Spain; Finland; France; Great Britain (UK); Greece; Croatia (Hrvatska); Hungary; Ireland; Iceland; Italy; Kosovo; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Latvia; Moldova; Montenegro; Macedonia; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Serbia; Russian Federation; Sweden; Slovenia; Slovak Republic; Ukraine; United Kingdom|