Geotechnical / Geological Specialist – Parsons International Limited
Northern Emirates (Ras al-Khaimah) – UAE
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
• Study site terrain (geological, hydrogeological and geotechnical) conditions.
• Write clear and concise technical reports on studies of findings and issues with solutions.
• Perform rock mass classification from geotechnical collected data, performing rock mass characterization analysis of field data.
• Inspect cut slopes walls to check for signs of geotechnical stress, instability, rock fall or other hazardous conditions and make site specific rockmass joints measurements.
• Perform slope stability analysis both globally and locally. Perform slope stability analysis with software like Slope/W, Talren, Unwedge, Swedge, Rockfall etc. or other geotechnical programs for analyzing instability mechanisms.
• Provide favorable recommendations for slope protection measures.
• Communicate his findings and recommendations to excavators to the Construction Manager/ Resident Engineer.
• Collect, understand, install, analyze and interpret slope monitoring data from prisms, extensometers and inclinometers, and ground water data from piezometers.
• Write weekly geotechnical summaries for presenting the slope stability issues due to blasting, cutting etc
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
|Job Location:||Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Consulting Services; Construction; Construction/Civil Engineering|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|