GL Accountant – 5 mths Contract
• Process and maintain accounting records for business units/sub-regional offices and other system interfaces to ensure a high quality of accounting accuracy, timeliness of reporting and compliance to corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements.
• Assist CEMEA Accounting Manager to obtain, review, analyze and communicate financial and non-financial data and reports.
• Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS, as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (as applicable).
• Responsible for the financial statement preparation both under US GAAP and Local IFRS including the
• Preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayments, deferrals and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Responsible for the supervision of the fixed assets of CEMEA along with the related depreciation/amortization and reporting schedules for both financial and tax records.
• Executes the re-measurement analysis from local currency to US currency by adhering to FASB 52
• Responsible for the preparation of federal and local taxes along with the required tax reporting deliverables
• Manages the cost center certification process for the multiple cost centers in the region and ensures timely submission to Corporate
• Ensures compliance with existing and new accounting policies for both US GAAP and local IFRS including specific materiality thresholds used in the region
• Responsible for the FCPA and SOX controls for the financial accounting close
• Reviews and validates the petty cash reimbursements by ensuring proper segregation of duties.
• Responsible for the transfer pricing calculations Inter Company Settlements.
• Assisting GL team in uploading journals and extracts reports for analysis.
• Participation in special projects. Identify any potential financial related risk areas and provide sound recommendations and solutions to Visa for mitigation of the identified risk.
• Handle ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Management
• Handle the I-Procurement process form Accounting point of view and coordinate with stakeholders.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|