Gulf Talent UAE – Fire Fighter – IPR GDF Suez
Fire Fighter, Fujairah F2 O&M Company
Fujairah F2 IWPP, a Greenfield development project will produce 2000 MW of power and 130 MIGD of water. The project is expected to be completed by Q3 2010.The plant has five high efficiency Alstom GT 26 gas turbines with three steam turbines in combined cycle mode, and twelve SIDEM 8.3 MIGD Multi Effect Distillation desalination units ,together with 30 MIGD Reverse osmosis desalination Plant. The plant is owned by Fujairah Asia Power company (FAPCO) in which ADWEA has 60% equity and remaining 40% equally shared between Marubeni and International Power.
The plant will be operated and maintained by Fujairah F2 Operation and Maintenance Company jointly owned (50:50) by International Power and Marubeni. The advertised position is for the Fujairah F2 O&M Company.
Reporting to the Shift manager/Control room Engineer the operation support engineer will work as part of a small shift team and support and assist the shift team to handle the incidents related to Fire and First aid and in addition to that local operations related to Power and Desalination plant. The role requires a range of knowledge and skills, such that you have a detailed understanding and practical experience associated to usage of Fire fighting equipment including Fire tenders,First aid and local operation associated with power and desalination plant.
– Source from Gulf Talent UAE
– An Engineering related education to diploma level or ITI is the minimum requirement
– Certified Fireman or a certificate from any recognised industrial vocational training institutes with working experience as a Fireman.
– A paramedic licence or a First aid training certificate holder issued by any recognized EMS agency.
– Valid driving licence from any country with an ability to get Heavy vehicle driving licence from the government of UAE with in a short time.
– Three to five years experience in jobs related to Fire and First aid preferably in a Power and desalination plant.
– Understanding of modern CCGT plant and desalination process operating practices.
– Understanding of combined cycle gas turbine, desalination and auxiliary plant layout, operating parameters and practices.
– Power plant engineering concepts.
– Ability to provide support to incidents related to Fire and First aid in a range of situations.
– Understanding of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment management systems and safety rules.
– Good command of the English language.
– Computer literacy.
– Good communication skills.
– Ability to keep available all the Fire fighting equipments with in the plant including Fire tender and Foam trollies in good condition in order to press them in to service whenever required.
– Ability to handle incidences of fire working with the shift team under the guidance of incident controller.
– Ability to drive and operate the Fire Truck and Foam trolley whenever required.
– Ability to administer first aid to minor accident victims and provide ambulance services for the employees from the site to neighbouring hospitals as and when required.
– Ability to get trained in Power and Desalination plant operations in order to assist Field Engineers in local operations of the plant.
– Knowledge of: Modern principles, practices and procedures of firefighting; fire apparatus, equipment, tools, devices, facilities and their proper use; current medical principles, practices and procedures related to emergency patient treatment.
– Safe and efficient operation of the plant to deliver high levels of commercial availability within environment limits.
– Ensure that Fire fighting and First aid mechanisms and in order and fully geared up for use when required.
– Effective liaison with the Control Room Engineer over plant operational issues.
– Deliver outcomes, in all areas of work, consistent with the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
– Ensure commitment to training programs for both individual development and operational competence, and assist towards the development of other staff.
– Communication and cooperation between the Maintenance and Operation teams.
– Using sound judgement and common sense
– Ability to and work within multi cultural team
– Good problem solving skills
– Seek, organise and exchange information for decision making and problem solving
– Ability to create a climate of open communication on personal and professional issues
– Ability to work autonomously, prioritising tasks and activities in line with business objectives
– Quality and environmental awareness and managing according to quality standards and procedures
– A pro-active approach to planning and decision making
– Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
This position is directly reporting to the Shift manager / Control Room Engineer and is required to work alongside a small team of Field Engineers.
The position is located at and focuses on Fujairah F2 Power Station that is situated 20 km north of the Emirate of Fujairah, UAE.
– Production Manager
– Shift Manager
– Control Room Engineer
– Lead chemist
– Shift Chemist
– RO plant operators
About the Company
IPR-GDF SUEZ Middle East, Turkey & Africa (META) is one of International Power plcs six core business regions worldwide.Apply for this job.