Gulf Talent UAE – Project Designer – AXIZ Consulting
Our client are a luxury design and interior design company and are currently on the look out for a Project Designer
Serves as either architectural and or/ FFE team member under the direction of the Design Director and Project Manager
– Knowledge of local material resources preferred
– Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
– Proven experience in FF&E design development and documentation.
– Outstanding graphic presentation skills
– Works with Design Director and client to develop schematic FF&E design based on project criteria, program and budget
– Participates in presentation and ensures format is compatible with office and client standards
– Develops and maintain FF&E budget
– Serves as principal contact with purchasing agent
– Review sample, strike-offs, etc. for compliance with specifications and design intent
– Directs and reviews furniture plans for content and accuracy and insures that they fully coordinated with architectural, electrical, RCP and lighting plans and other consultants’ drawings
– Coordinates presentation of artwork
– Coordinates FF&E installation with all parties involved
– Produce and coordinate finish schedule
– Direct education of Associate Designer staff and Interns in office standards and policy
– Make task assignments to Assistant Designers
– Responsible for revising specifications
– Develops schematic design from established project program and client needs
– Translates schematic design into design development drawings for use by production staff
– Participates in presentations as needed
– Assists in coordination of interior architectural documents with work of consultants and architects
– Prepares interior architectural specifications
– Source from Gulf Talent UAE
– Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school)
– 5 plus years of experience in Architecture or Design
– Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
– Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
– Attitude – Is a cooperative member of the team. Possesses a positive, helpful attitude. Does the employee respond to emergency request for assistance?
– Communication – Able to convey info, written and oral in a clear and concise manner. Does employee use active listening skills with an interest to understand others
– Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
– Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
– Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
– Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
About the Company
AXIZ Consulting is based in the Dubai International Finance Centre and offers a bespoke, highly consultative recruitment service to local and international organisations across the GCC in both professional services and primary industries. Its founding two members come from a blend of executive search and contingent recruitment and they have taken some of the best practices of executive search and applied this to contingent recruitment in order to produce a service which offers maximum value to clients.Apply for this job.