Gulf Talent UAE – Senior Estimator – Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Our client is one of the leading construction companies providing dredging and marine construction work across the Middle East. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join their growing team in the UAE.
– Prepare accurate and timely bid estimates on project specifications ensuring adequate return on the resources employed.
– Assists the project manager in initial sequencing of construction activities, outlining components such as labour, materials and equipment. You are responsible to ensure that the work environment is productive between the project manager, others and yourself.
– Estimate accurately each job and review the estimate with Estimation Manager in sufficient time to permit careful analysis, checking of calculations, and corrections as necessary.
– Attend pre-bid meetings and determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
– Study tender specifications and project requirements and determine special conditions that may be ambiguous, present problems or result in unforeseen costs. Prepare tender proposal with necessary clarifications/queries, assumptions and deviations.
– Investigate job site conditions prior to bid to evaluate site accessibility and any condition that would affect construction methods and costs.
– Invite bids from subcontractors and suppliers. Obtain bid estimates at the most competitive price early enough to ensure timely delivery of materials.
– Revise quotations as required and create estimates for alternate designs and perform cost comparisons
– Source from Gulf Talent UAE
– Technical/ Engineering Bachelor degree or equivalent professional qualification
– Function specific experience
– Industry related experience
– Knowledge dredging/ civil marine industry
– Years of experience 8 years
– Microsoft Office
– Microsoft Projects Other
– Excellent analytical skills
– Ability to envision the entire project form start to end
– Creative and innovative thinker
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.Apply for this job.