Gulf Talent UAE – Senior Software Developer – Adecco
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– The Senior Software Developer will report directly to the Software Development manager and will be supervised by a Team Leader.
– Participate in the design and documentation of different system components as needed, and utilize the design and documentation standards.
– Develop the appropriate application code and supporting documentation based on the approved system requirements and designs.
– Participate in, and enforce, the full life-cycle of product development, and ensure the proper adoption of the life-cycle.
– Ensure the appropriate use of development environments, tools, source/change control, and configuration/deployment management procedures.
– Follow end enforce unit testing and other formal QA processes.
– Implement and support developed solutions at client sites.
– Provide mentoring and coaching to other junior team members as needed.
– Obtain formal certification in relevant technologies.
– Provide timely status reporting and time sheets to supervisors and project managers.
– Source from Gulf Talent UAE
– Bachelor of Science in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology-related field.
– 5 to 8 years of software development experience.
– Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills in Arabic and/or English languages.
– Team playing capabilities. Good team leadership experience; team coaching/mentoring, task distribution and follow up.
– Enthusiasm and commitment to deliver quality results to tight deadlines.
– Ability to travel within the Middle East region.
Technical Skill Requirements:
– Strong working experience in the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#.NET and SQL Server is essential.
– Strong working experience in Multithreading, Sockets Programming, Windows Programming, and Web Programming.
– Strong knowledge in XML, XSL, and XSD.
– Strong knowledge in at least one of the major Windows Operating Systems (i.e. Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008).
– Strong working experience in MS IIS Server (Tomcat, or Apache is an added value).
– Strong working experience and understanding of Database Design, Modeling, and Development.
– Strong working experience and understanding of one or more versions of MS SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008). Oracle knowledge is an added value.
– Strong software design skills. Strong understanding of OO design and design patterns.
– Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDCL). Familiarity with one of the industry-standard SDLCs (MSF, RUP).
– Strong technical documentation skills, including writing SDS (Software Detailed Specifications) and SAS (Software Architecture Specifications) documents.
– Working experience using source control tools, such as Visual Source Safe and SVN.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
About the Company
The Adecco Group is the world’s leading provider of HR solutions. With more than 33,000 FTE employees and a network of 5,600 branches, in over 60 countries and territories around the world, we offer a wide variety of services, connecting close to 750,000 associates with well over 100,000 clients every day.Apply for this job.