Gulf Talent UAE – Senior Web Developer – GulfTalent
Reporting to the Team Lead, who in turn reports in to the Managing Director of the firm, this integral role will play a key part in building and maintaining the company’s internationally recognized online platform. The incumbent will work with a team of smart, highly driven technology professionals to build robust and user-friendly products at the cutting edge of the online industry.
The development team has been successfully adopting the best tools available for developers and following best practice. The team work in Sublime on a Symfony2-based website, utilizing the power of Angular on the front-end, using one of the major source code hosting sites for the main Git repository. The team has continuous integration in place, and collaborate in Google Apps for Business.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Involvement in the entire software development lifecycle including technical analysis, architecture design, software development, QA and release to production.
– Ensuring continued smooth operation of the company’s online platform.
– Interacting with various stakeholders as needed including senior managers, sales team, end users and technology partners.
– Source from Gulf Talent UAE
– Demonstrable 5+ years experience in web development
– Previous experience of executing front-to-back software development lifecycles
– Ability to interact with senior stakeholders across all areas of the business
– Knowledge of at least one MVC back-end framework; such as Symfony, Zend, CakePHP, CodeIgniter
– Degree from a leading university, ideally in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, but other subjects will also be considered
– Deep personal interest in following new trends and technologies
– Experience in working in an Agile environment
– Knowledge of Symfony2
– Knowledge of AngularJS or other MVC front-end framework such as Backbone or Knockout
– Experience in performing code reviews
– Interest in UX
– Experience in TDD or BDD
– Experience with Git
The successful incumbent will be offered extensive support and training, initially in our office in Dubai, before beginning work in our London office, based in the heart of London’s West End.
About the Company
GulfTalent is one of the largest online portals serving the Middle East region, with offices in Dubai and London. Founded in 2005, it is now used by 5 million individuals and 6,000 companies.Apply for this job.