HSE Manager (Only with Port and Terminal experience) – Projobs4You
Role: HSE Manager ( APPLY ONLY IF YOU HAVE PORT AND TERMINAL EXPERIENCE)
For a prestigious client in Port and terminal business
Reporting to: General Manager
- Is responsible for the design, implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, and safety programs for the Organisation. This position will develop and provide technical and administrative directions on all HSE decisions, which bear critical importance to overall objectives, operations, and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Directs the resources and activities of the Department to support the HSE
programs by providing advice and guidance to the Senior Management team. Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Department to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs.
- Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and
appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new policies and practices from these assessments for implementation.
- Control, regulate and enforce all rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with legal and other regulatory requirements, including relevant international conventions.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the various Government institutions and other
- Serve as an expert within the field of HSE when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues and third party safety & liability issues.
- Responsible for the staffing and directing the HSE Department, including the
management of all Field Safety Managers and staff Training, planning, assigning and directing work and addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Responsible for the development of an annual budget recommendations and
- Provide regular written reports and updates to the Senior Management Team and to the General Manager.
- Assist project team in investigating all incidents and ensure proper records
are completed and submitted. Implement corrective actions as it relates to the incidents and ensure “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the Organization and are incorporated into the program, as necessary.
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs to staff and all
stakeholders which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE consciousness.
- Organize and actively participate in safety meetings across Company locations to review HSE performance and policies
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of
- Obtain ISO/OSHAS and other relevant certifications.
- Conduct site visits/audits
- Participate/attend industry related conferences when requested to do so.
|Job Location:||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Marine Services; Safety/Environment|
|Nationality:||Albania; Austria; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Belgium; Bulgaria; Belarus; Switzerland; Czech Republic; Germany; Denmark; Estonia; Spain; Finland; France; Great Britain (UK); Greece; Croatia (Hrvatska); Hungary; Ireland; Iceland; Italy; Kosovo; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Latvia; Moldova; Montenegro; Macedonia; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Serbia; Russian Federation; Sweden; Slovenia; Slovak Republic; Ukraine; United Kingdom; United States|