Inspector – civil (pipeline) – Mott MacDonald UAE
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald’s uniquely diverse £1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.
Our Middle East Water & Environment Division is looking to recruit Civil Inspectors to work for key water industry clients in the Middle East Unit based in Bahrain.
The Civil Inspector role will involve the following:
– provide professional support to the management team within the Division, helping to ensure high quality service delivery and a co-ordinated response to clients
– involve delegated trust and authority, together with the use of initiative, at a level commensurate with the status of the post
– check site conditions for suitability prior to construction
– observe, check and record work execution is in accordance with approved methods
– check instructions are being carried out
– check setting-out and levels
– check services locations and ensure their protection
– record inspections, tests, work executed etc.
– check materials delivered are as approved and properly stored
– observe site safety procedures
– measure work done when required
– assist in the preparation of ‘As Built’ drawings
– to undertake specific projects within MWE as required.
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunities employer
Minimum requirements for the role are as follows:
– diploma in Civil Engineering
– minimum of 5 years of engineering experience, 3 of which will have been in construction supervision and on projects in water and wastewater sectors in the Middle East
– experience within a consultancy environment specifically in the water/wastewater industry is preferred