Lab Supervisor – Al Falah Holding
Responsible to supervise the plant laboratories and the activities related to it. Ensures that raw materials used by production and the subsequent products have passed the specified quality requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To understand the customer requirements and design the concrete mix as per customer requirements.
- Carry out the required tests on incoming materials to assess the quality
- Verify the correctness of mix design by conducting laboratory trials and submit results to quality control manager to assess the correctness of mix design.
- Monitoring the strength of concrete cubes and initiate action if cubes fail to attain the required strength
- Ensure that all the activities are in line with concerned quality assurance procedures.
- Monitor the working timings of technicians and helpers
- Schedule the lab. technicians to the customer site
- Coordinate with batching plant to ensure that manufactured concrete shall attain the required strength
- Liaison with the customer for any query regarding the quality of the concrete, they may require.
- In case of failure of cubes frequently, discuss with quality control manager
- In coordination with the quality control manager evaluate the performance of the lab. technicians and conduct training sessions to improve their technical knowledge
- Visiting the sites during the casting of the concrete to make sure that technicians perform their duties properly and same is reported to plant manager
- Updating the quality control manager regarding daily activities in the laboratory.
- Monitoring the laboratory processes to ensure that processes are effective
- Ensuring that required tests are carried out on incoming material before that material is kept in use. Generating the required charts and reports to assess the quality of incoming materials as well as the consistency of materials quality.
- Coordinating with batching plants to make sure that produced fresh concrete is as per designed mix.
- Ensure that all test equipment used in the processes of laboratory is calibrated and test equipment produces a result within a specified accuracy. And also batching plants shall be calibrated. Reports shall be generated and maintained. Calibration schedule shall be maintained and updated. For any discrepancy in test equipment and batching plants, proper action shall be taken to correct the defects.
- Generate and maintain all relevant reports.
- Coordination with Plant Manager regarding any non-conformance in concrete and decide action
- Maintaining all reference standards such as British Standards, ACI, ASTM, and DIN etc., used in the Quality Control Process. And ensure that the latest reference standard is maintained
- Liaison with customers to clear their queries for any technical aspects
- Overall responsible to ensure that produced concrete is as per customer specifications
- Ensuring that relevant Quality Assurance Procedures are being implemented at the laboratory
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Construction and Building|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|