Legal Counsel – AECOM Abu Dhabi, UAE
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.
1. Assisting the other members of the ME Legal team.
2. Assisting with and actually reviewing and advising on all legal documents executed by AECOM, including tender documents, contracts, employment agreements, MoUs, and bonds.
3. Assisting with claims, including litigation and HR matters, and maintaining AECOMs claims management registers.
4. Assisting with corporate organizational / company secretariat work, including registrations, sponsorship agreements, shutting down of dormant entities, and maintaining AECOMs registers related to this work.
5. Advising AECOM on its rights and responsibilities under applicable laws, including ethics and compliance laws and regulations (eg: FCPA, UK Bribery Act, US Anti-Boycott Regulations).
6. Assisting with ensuring compliance with AECOM policies and procedures, including the Delegations of Authority.
7. Assisting with developing and managing standard form and sample documents (eg: consultancy contract, sub consultancy contract due diligence and drafting etc) and supporting the rest of the ME Legal team with all contractual matters.
8. Assisting with the updating and management of the legal information management system.
9. Providing proactive, solutions focussed, legally sound advice and support in a timely fashion to AECOM.
10. Proactively and regularly interacting and working with AECOM ME staff at all levels.
11. Developing a detailed knowledge of the laws, policies and procedures that apply to AECOM.
12. Using their best endeavors to ensure that AECOM staff are aware of and comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures and the laws.
Minimum two (2) to five (5) years post admission experience is required. Fluency in English (both verbal and written) is essential and Arabic is strongly preferred.
The following experience is strongly desirable:
1. Top tier law firm experience
2. ME region experience
3. Multi-national corporation experience
4. US corporation experience
5. Ethics and compliance experience
6. Strong contracts capabilities and experience
7. Construction / engineering industry experience
Bachelor of Laws from a reputable university. A current practicing certificate is preferred.Apply for this job.