Licensing Specialist – ENEC
To support Nawah Licensing and Regulatory Affairs activities and tasks for the safe and reliable operation of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) so that Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) regulatory requirements- documents, coordination and approvals -are met in a timely and efficient manner.
1. Maintain licenses and permits
• Maintains operating Licenses and permits (mainly FSAR). Defines needs for development and plans, identifies input and support needed, and prepares licensing documentation so that all technical and regulatory requirements are met.
• Develops plans, identify input and support needed, and prepares license applications by interpreting the safety information (technical input) into comprehensive licensing documents that satisfy all applicable regulatory and technical requirements.
• Understands and reviews regulatory topics and develop technical and regulatory strategies to resolve regulatory issues associated with operating licenses or license applications.
• Prepares and submits responses to regulator requests for additional information.
2. Develop licensing documents
• Develops proposed strategy, identifies input needed from other organizations, and prepares licensing/compliance documents (reports, responses to questions, presentations etc) to meet all requirements and achieves the desired outcome.
• Prepares and submits licensing documents in a timely manner and in accordance with procedures and processes.
• Reviews regulatory topics to provide input to licensing documents to ensure they are complete and comprehensive.
The objective is to assure that submittals to FANR meet all requirements and achieve the desired outcomes.
3. Licensing Support
• Develops regulatory processes and procedures for use by in carrying out the licensing function.
• Facilitates FANR inspections, resolves regulatory issues and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Review of potential issues, participate in self-assessments and facilitate inspections by active interface with inspectors in support of regulatory inspections.
• Reviews draft regulations and industry operating experience to identify emerging regulatory issues, develops regulatory strategies for addressing emerging regulatory issues.
• Devises methods of compliance with new regulations that are cost-effective.
• Assist with training and instruction to other departments as needed.
4. Mentor licensing engineers
Instruct and provide guidance to entry level licensing engineers and senior licensing engineers to develop their capabilities to perform the licensing function.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|