Manufacturing and Design Engineer
Company specilzies in Additive Manufacturing. The position is for candidiate to:
– Brain storm and work with the team on finding innovative solutions using AM to solve client needs (problem solving)
– Develop and create range of products for industrial and commercial use
– Research and experiment with the different materials used across the different technologies and printers
– Work closely with design team on validating their designs / requirements if they are possible and functional or not
Industrial/product designer to create a wide range of items, from everyday consumer products; to more sophisticated mechanical parts; to larger items, such as industrial tools, equipment and machinery.
Purpose is to work on new products or improve existing ones, and use their understanding of AM technology, materials and manufacturing methods to improve the design and usability of an item. The work involves:
– testing; and
– producing prototypes.
Job may include some of the following:
– meeting with clients to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria;
– working on ideas as part of a team or developing design concepts using CAD (computer-aided design);
– taking part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings;
– sketching initial design ideas;
– identifying the suitability and availability of materials;
– producing detailed, final drawings and specifications using dedicated computer software (CAD) to produce design specifications, including parts lists and costings;
– making samples or working models using computerised prototyping equipment;
– researching materials, processes or market requirements;
– occasionally travelling to clients’ production facilities and evaluating the feasibility of production;
– making presentations to senior design management or clients, either when bidding for a contract or to present design proposals.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Manufacturing and Production; Other|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|