Mechanical & Piping Design Engineer
This position is an integral part of the Engineering Design team.
– Mechanical/piping engineering and design related focal point for answer all queries thought-out all phases of engineering design and construction and commissioning of projects.
– Provide mechanical/piping engineering input to other disciplines to ensure that the design outputs are consistent.
– Review of Design Basis, design drawings, specifications, etc.
– Monitor mechanical/piping discipline studies during engineering (technical, costs, planning, interface, reporting).
– Responsible for the quality of the mechanical/piping design and control any studies that are produced by the Contractor(s) together with deliverables.
– Participate in technical evaluation of suppliers and equipment purchases.
– Check that design is developed in the line with the Pre-Engineering and the Statement of Requirements.
– Assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation, construction and commissioning phases.
– To initiate and coordinate tasks needed for project execution including permitting or government reviews, material specification, installation procedures, testing, etc.
– Participate in HAZOP’s and other key design reviews as required.
– Review Piping design and prepare piping isometrics, piping bill of materials and piping layouts, etc.
– Prepares complete sets of drawings, which involve multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings of equipment, facilities, or systems where minimal information is provided by rough sketches and/or verbal outlines of requirements.
– Reviews manufacturers’ or fabricators’ prints for conformance with contract specifications.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Industrial; Mining; Oil/Gas|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|