Network & Infrastructure Specialist (Data Center Expert) – Airport – Parsons International Limited
Parsons provides consultancy services for one of the prestigious airport projects in the UAE. The project is currently midway through the ORAT development stage, and the client is keen to get input from the best and most experienced operators to ensure the opening process and positive reputation matches the prestige of the new terminal.
The Network & Infrastructure Specialist is preferred to be a certified candidate from manufacturers such as IBM & CISCO, a data centre technologies manufacture such as HP, EMC, DDN and VM Ware. The candidate should be able to understand testing and commissioning procedures as part of ORAT trails in the network and data centre technologies related to the client and security systems. The candidate shall be able to plan the expansion for the system and upgrade the storage, can work and validate the management system in different technology and can integrate all in one management platform.
The Network & Infrastructure Specialist shall be responsible for leading and supervising data centre, network and ICT cabling team. The individual will also be responsible for the development and continuous appraisal of all systems and procedures under his/her scope:
• To supervise the installation, configuration, monitoring and support of the information and communications network and data centre infrastructure.
• To ensure the connectivity of all staff and clients; both internally and externally.
• Define the performance test cases to test the network and Data Center technologies as part of the ORAT scope of work.
• Conduct tests and internal checks to confirm the system is ready for go live.
• Define the required migration plan, steps, procedure, constraints, risks, business continuity plan for failover and all the necessary details for the southside data centre migration to the MTB data centre.
• Develop failover scenarios to overcome any issue may raise during the switchover from southside terminals to MTB terminal.
• Workaround IT Operations data centre team ready plan concerning the concept of operations, processes and any other documentation required for IT operations prepared for taking over.
• Evaluate the current project’s deliverables against the original scope of work to assist the IT operations in handing over procedure.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Consulting Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|