Outage Manager Gas Turbines – First National Operation & Maintenance Co
To provide subject matter top level expertise on critical equipment (Gas turbines) and lead, from a techno-commercial perspective, the assigned outages, with an aim to provide Safely executed and high-quality services to improve long term asset reliability, whilst ensuring overall cost efficiencies, profitability, optimization of resources and client satisfaction.
Strategy & Planning
• Contribute to the Field Services Operations in line with the functional strategy to ensure strategic alignment with Senior management and efficient integration with the local plant teams.
• Work Closely with the regional project managers on the preparation, planning, operational activities , mitigations taken, etc. as required. During outages, keep them informed and updated on the outage progress.
Manage the Qualitative achievement of technical outage targets, managing/dividing/assigning the outage team’s daily work scope, evaluating performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation of the outage teams.
Contribute to managing and achieving NMES’ budget by advising on the most efficient tooling and/or alternatives if any, and by managing and monitoring the daily consumption against the budget/planned consumption so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
• Work with the Plant Maintenance team of the respective plant, to plan the outage management strategy, scope of work, resources needed, local manpower requirements, spare part requirements, QAQC & HSE plan, outage plan, ITP plan etc., well in advance (up to 18 months ahead) to ensure a thorough and robust plan is developed, considering all possible aspects that might impact the execution.
• Conduct a pre-outage study by understanding and studying the technical details of the equipment including the history of the equipment, recommendations of the OEM, layout, laydown areas, interconnections with other equipment, operating conditions etc., to ensure the planning and execution is accurate.
• Oversee the end to end execution of the outage by monitoring daily progress against the plan, resolving escalated issues and managing plant stakeholders / contracted service providers to ensure the work is completed as per the work control procedures, HSSE and quality standards.
• Oversee the clean conditions / FME preparation as well as execution from the NMES perspective.
• Oversee and manage the issuance of spare parts, consumables, tools, work authorizations/ necessary permits etc., to ensure all the required regulatory and safety permits are issued prior to the start of the execution.
• Oversee and ensure the daily schedule is updated, based on the progress, plant condition and adjustment required by different work units and contractors, to ensure timely completion as per the plan.
• Ensure the ITP plan/protocols are completed/within tolerance and filed for outage reporting. Alert the HSEQ/Engineering team in case of NC’s, to ensure timely actions can be taken to rectify them.
• Lead the daily outage coordination meetings with the stakeholders, to ensure robust planning and execution and timely escalation and resolution of issues.
• Highlight performance against the objectives, to ensure the management / stakeholders are aware of the execution of the outage and any escalated issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
• Oversee the quality control inspections according to quality plan and acceptance of the equipment, to ensure the inspections are carried out as per the requirements.
• Oversee the final calibration and commissioning by Maintenance, Operation and Technical teams to ensure client satisfaction and final acceptance as per the authority matrix.
• Oversee and ensure that the plant is ready for return to service by completing all back-out inspections, verifying the close out of all Work Authorizations, testing and acceptance of equipment, systems returned to normal operating configurations, completion of surveillance and startup tests, engineering issues and other commitments have been closed out properly.Issue the daily progress report to all stakeholders.
• Consolidating all the reports (NDT, FME, NCR, ITP, repair advice statements, final inspections, disassembly and reassembly protocols etc etc) along with all pictures (NDT, blue matches, findings etc) taken.
Post Execution Reporting
Prepare and submit for review the final outage report including the entire process of outage preparation, execution, jobs statistics, scope of work, comparison of planned verses achieved outage goals and critical milestones, major problems encountered & corrective actions taken, good practices and lessons learned, to ensure it is used as a means for continuous improvement, as well as the final outage report.
• Act as a centre of expertise of a particular type of critical equipment (Gas Turbines), sharing technical know-how with the team, providing technical insights and best practices and having technical discussions with vendors and clients to ensure their knowledge is leveraged for the best interest of the organisation.
• Keep abreast of the latest technological innovations, new equipment design and functionality and leading practices in the field and evaluate their relevance and usage from NOMAC’s perspective
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Support Services|