Product Manager – GMC – General Motors (GM) Dubai, UAE
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.
– Prepare the pricing strategies / positioning of all his/her vehicles & provide support in the development of the pricing proposals.
– Lead the vehicle launch process of a new vehicle and the development of the Retail Launch Planner RLP.
– Support the regional Brand Manager in the development of consumer engagement plans.
– Communicate to all stakeholders (internally & externally including dealers) on product introductions, specifications, pricing strategies.
– Drive key initiatives to achieve contribution margin (CM) & market share objectives for his/her vehicles.
– Build & improve brand health over the lifecycle of the carline.
– Provide support & insights to the Retail Advertising Manager in the development of dealer tactical initiatives.
– Provide support to the ad Marketing Services team in the preparation of briefing documents for advertising, PR and other agencies.
– Visit dealers/key city dealer groups with Regional Managers, Regional Brand Manager & SBMs and interact; discuss sales & marketing strategies, go-to-market, etc.
– Monitor vehicle customer profiles and develop/adjust plans as necessary to ensure effective consumer targeting & engagement.
– Responsible for supporting research activities that contribute to the development of effective brand communication strategies and execution.
– Interface with global teams including IPC (International Product Centre) to ensure linkages and leveraging of information
– Maintain open channel with Product Planning to ensure marketing input into MVR process is sound, and smooth integration with and transition from Planning
– Develop volume and market share forecasts and targets in cooperation with Sales & Planning
– Manage the pre-allocated Consumer Influence Budget (CIB) in-line with overall brand strategy, and pre-approved plans.
– Inform functional organizations of issues that impact their contribution to brand performance
– Provider of customer and brand passion
– Advocate for the customer
– Strategist for the segments
– Communicates & reports performance
Master the 5 Ps
a.Be the subject matter expert for products in her/his portfolio.
b.Be the subject matter expert for top 3 competitors in each segment of her/his portfolio.
c.Develop product packaging that is customer centric and profit maximizing and optimize ordering by minimizing build/order combinations.
d.Ensure vehicle packaging development process (resources include VCPS, Vehicle Ordering Guide (VOG), etc.) is timely (compliant with block point calendar) and incorporates necessary input from distribution, sales, dealers & mirrors competitive vehicles.
e.Guide/co-lead the input through the Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP) and internal collaboration with Planning, ensuring optimal packaging & endorsement of MEO-specific strategies
f.Lead all Marketing Gates including Marketing Validation Review (MVR), Marketing Lunch Review (MLR), and Marketing Validation Assessment (MLA).
a.Recommend the development of all Financial Support Request (FSR) proposals based on market activity
b.Monitors showroom & competitive pricing monthly (at least) in top 3 markets for each vehicle
c.Leads the annual pricing process with the support of Finance & Sales
a.Develop launch volume proposals by dealer, with input from Sales
b.Develop ordering guidelines/recommendations, and adjust based on market-performance
c.Provide Sales Guide Books (Pocket Guides)
a.Guide the training team in developing curriculum for launch vehicles
b.Improve the product knowledge of the organization for his/her vehicles through proactive engagement with consumer-facing team-members (dealers, sales consultants, call centers, etc.)
– Minimum 5 years marketing experience (automotive preferred);
– Understanding of financial/accounting concepts an asset;
– Advertising & sales knowledge;
– Overall understanding of the region, culture throughout the 11 countries;
– Overall understanding of consumer trends.
– Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred
– Very strong presentation skills;
– Analytical skills;
– Strong multi-tasker;
– Strong negotiating skills;
– Leadership qualities;
– Proficiency with common computer applications, effective supervision/mentoring/delegation.
– Proficient in English and Arabic is highly preferred.