Production Manager – Steel Fabrication
To manage and lead the operational team of the company (which is the largest department in the company) in order to maintain the discipline, focus and to achieve the targeted plans of the company. It is also to control the full process (inputs – operations – outputs) in an efficient and economical way. Scope is the physical execution of the orders of the company. It is dealing with the items which are physically sold to the customers to generate the revenues. The majority of the costs are there within the hands of this department.
– Giving the inputs required for the costing and estimation and to update them regularly.
– Planning for the production loading for all products as well as the entire processes to achieve the target plans.
– Follow up and supervision of the shop floor to guarantee that the plans are met on daily basis.
– Enhancement of the factories layout for better efficiency.
– Continuous training and enhancement of workers and supervisors.
– Adhere to the safety and environmental regulations and measures.
– Cost control/Cost reduction on the different inputs of the production (to be equal or less than the estimated budget). This is including the material, man-hours, consumables and maintenance.
– Increasing the productivity rates and efficiencies of the full production process including its workers and machines.
– Material management/saving.
– Responsible to ensure proper loading, unloading and dispatch of stocks from factory to site/sub contractor facility; with all necessary documents .
issue MRN to stores regular for raw materials consumed as per job order; coordinate with stores to ensure proper recording of goods issues & received to production.
control Overtime payouts by optimizing the efficiency of workers & proper work planning.
– Coordination with other departments such as sales, engineering, projects control, safety, finance, HR and quality.
– Responsible of erection teams on sites and/or coordination with erection subcontractors if any.
Ability to check the design and detailing drawings to estimate the cutting plans, nesting programs, man-hour rates and erection precautions.
Technical Knowledge: (Products & Processes)
– Full knowledge of fabrication preparations/cutting processes such as sawing, flame cutting, plasma cutting, drilling, bending, punching and shearing. Knowledge of advanced related CNC machines is preferable.
– Full knowledge of assembly and fit-up of hot rolled structures, Pre Engineered Buildings and plate works. This is for all steel elements and components such as columns, beams, girders, built up sections, bracings, handrails, ladders, gratings, checkered plates, gusset plates, stiffeners, ducting, chutes, chimneys, pressure vessels, cyclones, and stacks.
– Full knowledge of steel welding including all steel welding techniques, welding positions, welding machines, welding consumables and their production rates.
– Full knowledge of the corresponding techniques and methods of non destructive testing.
– Full knowledge of steel coating including blasting, painting, galvanization in addition to the related machines, consumables, specifications and production rate.
– Full knowledge of precautions and calculations of handling, lifting and maneuvering using the different handling equipment and transportation means.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|