Production Supervisor / Foreman – I-Expatriate
Production Supervisor / Foreman
Salary: up to AED 5,000 based on experience
Location: Hamriyah Freezone, Sharjah
Our Client is the largest UK manufacturer of Ductwork Jointing Systems & Components, supplying flange systems suiting all HVAC needs and providing the lowest air leakage levels.
As part of the global manufacturing group, their extensive range of HVAC accessories include, corners, clamps and gaskets. Coupled with their successful Wire Rope Suspension System, they’ve got it covered!
Products are available direct or through worldwide distributors and also their factory in the UAE.
Their roll forming experience enables them to offer roller shutter door profiles and accessories, also traditional, flat and insulated lath are available to cut to length to save you time. With the Specialised Engineering Services Division, profiles and pressed components are manufactured to customer designs and specifications.
Expertise in building machinery and tooling they can produce simple cut to length lines to fully integrated rolling machines.
We are seeking a highly talented Production Supervisor to joined the team
Key role is to ensure the efficient day to day running of the Production department in line with the organization’s objectives
• Plant and Equipment to maintain to a high standard and carry out regular PPM checks
• Performance Ensure all jobs for production are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner. Will be expected to work overtime and out of hours
• Training Advice and promote agreed training plans.
• Communicate effectively to the Maintenance and Quality personnel, good at working within a team.
• Health and Safety. Ensuring all company health and safety procedures are carried out and any near misses and accidents are reported. Permit to works are issued and contractor inductions are carried out.
• Continuous Improvement. Must support H&T excellence
• Implementation of the objectives set by management
• Uphold the company’s values of safety, quality, and performance.
• Coaching other employees in developing their skills and knowledge, including providing an opportunity for employees to learn new skills.
• Planning of work schedules and job roles for employees.Reviewing the progress and quality of work for teams reporting to the Manager – including checking that the work completed satisfies the business’s quality standards.
– Ensure first off sheets are being filled in and filed
– Check and monitor OEE Check employee clocking times Ensure pre-start up checks are being done and appropriate paperwork is being filled in.
– Monitor daily throughput of
– Ensure pre-start up checks are being done and appropriate paperwork is being filled in.
– Check employee clocking times Ensure pre-start up checks are being done and appropriate paperwork is being filled in.
– Ensure pre-start up checks are being done and appropriate paperwork is being filled in. Monitor daily throughput of plant (actual vs plan including setting times vs targets)
– Ensure scrap and Production are removed by 10am
– Check Production sheets have been filled in and placed in ducket
– Ensure 5S standards are upheld and machinery is let clean and serviceable.
– Generate KPI’s relating to the Foreman’s team and the Production department.
– Providing support and guidance on work related procedures or policies.
– Lead teams from other departments in solving problems on machinery and procedures.
– Listening to any problems and feeding issues back to senior managers
– Encouraging and motivating their team.
– Authorise labour hours (Sunday) Ensure coolant checks are being carried out
– Ensure coolant checks are being carried out for all machines (Sunday) Direct 5S activities for 1 hour extra cleaning (Thursday) Report on
– Direct 5S activities for 1 hour extra cleaning (Thursday) Report on daily throughput of plant (actual vs plan including setting times vs targets) (Monday)
– Report on overtime hours worked (Sunday)
– Variable Shifts.
Duties as Required
– Provide training and guidance to employees to enable their development.
– Perform quarterly employee appraisal interviews.
– Carry out maintenance duties i.e. Painting of floors in Production to schedule
– Machine painting to schedule
– Associated works on Setting and Machine Maintenance.
– Provide feedback on machine and tooling, including suggested improvements.
– Computer literate This list is not exhaustive and is a guide to the bare minimum required to perform the role.
|Job Location:||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Manufacturing and Production; Engineering|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|