– Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and fulfilment of other related duties.
– Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
– Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorised issue requests).
– Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
– Responsible for overall hygiene, fire & safety, proper storing arrangement, cleanliness of storerooms and freezers according to company, Local and International Standards.
– Reports and updates management & department heads on pending items, new procedures, system difficulties and other related matters.
– Identifies and recommends new products available in the market.
– Obtains written approval for established Min/Max stock levels by the Accounts Manager and Managing Directors.
– Issues regularly slow moving item lists. Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
– Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained.
– Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
– Allocates responsible buyers (including self) for storerooms & direct purchase requests including market lists for all system received orders.
– Authorizes all purchase requests allocated by buyers after checking quotations validity (minimum three whenever possible for non-agency products), last price paid, proper units, and quality/brand verification.
– Ensures that proper description and specification of direct items data is clear and meaningful to all management authorization levels.
– Ensures that all order receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
– Ensures that all authorized/approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
– Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained (mainly storeroom/market list items).
– Holds internal departmental meetings regularly to discuss problems, difficulties, maintain relation, improve standards and elevate services.
– Spot checks storeroom requests if properly maintained, verifies quantity requested and issued, proper items received by signatories & ID availability.
– Spot-checks entered system quotations, period validity, quotes locked by, etc…
1.25 Reviews quarterly Min/Max stock levels and updates accordingly.
– Updates regularly suppliers contact information.
– Maintains proper filing system of all property signed contracts related to operation, follow up renewals, introduces new qualified vendors for renegotiation purposes and price verification. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by the management.
|Job Location:||United Arab Emirates|