Recruitment Executive – Majid Al Futtaim Fashion (MAF Fashion) Dubai, UAE
About the Company
Majid Al Futtaim Fashion provides a platform for the introduction of world-class fashion and retail brands in the region, developing their presence across the Middle East. Their aim is to be the international retail partner of choice for some of the world’s most desirable brands. The Company believes the strength of a brand’s success is through the focus of its people. Having the right retail structure, with the right people, ensures that a brand’s integrity is maintained to the highest level and that the customer experience is aligned to global standards.
The leading retail arm of Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, Majid Al Futtaim Fashion has the rights to operate the internationally renowned Juicy Couture brand throughout the region. Juicy Couture is one of the most popular casual luxury brands in the Middle East and continues to be a retail success with over 18 stores currently open across the region and further plans to expand the into new markets in 2014.
Other brands operated by Majid Al Futtaim Fashion include one of the UK’s leading fashion retailers Jane Norman, the metropolitan casual lifestyle brand Mexx and IT’SUGAR the US confectionary brand with an attitude.
The eclectic Spanish brand Hoss Intropia, and the iconic fashion brand Halston Heritage, were recently added to Majid Al Futtaim Fashion’s portfolio. Tremendous demand for both brands is anticipated this year with an aggressive rollout of new stores planned throughout the region.
In early 2013, Majid Al Futtaim Fashion announced a joint ventures agreement with the leading American retailer and casual wear clothing brand, Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F), with respect to its Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch brands. The agreement is to develop Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch’s presence within the UAE, further supporting the brand’s international growth. As Abercrombie & Fitch Co.’s first physical foray into the Middle East, the landmark joint venture partnership with Majid Al Futtaim Fashion should significantly broaden A&F’s regional potential across the GCC, further adding to the region’s offering of exceptional market leading international brands.
– To identify and source talent to meet business requirements in a timely and cost effective manner while ensuring a high level of customer service and professionalism is maintained with all internal and external parties.
– Maintain and update the Recruitment Management System with all relevant candidate and requisition information
– Research and utilise multiple channels and creative means to source talent and formulate sourcing strategies
– Maintain and build relationships with Hiring Managers and business units in a proactive manner to stay updated with business objectives and requirements for current and future vacancies
– Completes necessary checks and coordinates all relevant information in conjunction with internal departments to ensure the post-placement, on boarding and visa process is adhered to
– Preparation and facilitation of Assessment Centres, interviewing and psychometric tests as part of the selection process
– Promote the employment brand and Company at all times as a desirable place to work
– Preparation of offer letters and employment contracts
– Writing job advertisements
– Manages the recruitment process in a timely and cost efficient manner while keeping the Hiring Manager and associated Stake Holders updated
– Reference and background checks to validate a candidates past experience and qualifications
– A bachelor’s degree in business, HR or a related discipline
– 2 – 4 years recruitment experience preferably within an agency and in-house/corporate environment
– Competency based interviewing skills
– Exposure to facilitating assessment centres
– Arabic language skills