Resident Engineer – Mouchel Abu Dhabi, UAE
About the Company
Mouchel provides design, managerial, engineering and operational services which support communities around the world, round the clock.
We are an international infrastructure and business services Group and we support communities every minute of the day. Take a look at your watch, day or night, and someone representing Mouchel, or something created or managed by Mouchel, will be helping to make life better for people across the world.
Whether its helping to manage and maintain a road network in Western Australia, covering an area twice the size of the UK, coastal engineering and management services in Dominica or highways, marine works and major utility projects in the Middle East, Mouchels people are working to make things better for their clients and the societies they serve.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and manage the engineers, inspectors and surveyors such as to ensure execution of the works of the project.
– Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the drawings, plans and specifications.
– Maintain a detailed diary of the day work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc.
– Coordinate with the Contractors Senior Construction Manager in charge of the work on a frequent basis to ensure that no issues are encountered.
– Coordinate with the Assistant Resident Engineer and discipline Engineers to ensure that the relevant sections of works are managed, supervised and inspected correctly.
– Approve RFIs as received from the contractor, once reviewed and commented by the Engineer(s)
– Approve RFAs as received from the Contractor, once reviewed and commented by the Engineer(s)
– Approve Material submissions as received from the Contractor, once reviewed and commented by the Senior Material Engineer.
– Approve shop drawings as received from the Contractor, once reviewed and commented by the Engineer(s)
– Review and comment on method statements as received from the Contractor
– Liaise with the design office Engineer(s) when required
– Ensure that works are being constructed to the latest construction and shop drawings
– Monitor the Contractors progress of the works, and liaise with the Planning Engineer accordingly
– Attending progress meetings with the Employer and Contractor when required
– Representation of Mouchel at daily site meetings with the Contractor when necessary
– Ensure full coordination of the Contractor
– Ensure that works are compliant with the Contractors HSE plans at all times.
– Bachelor of Civil Engineering.
– Must have experience in road maintenance projects.
– Chartership or broad knowledge gained through advanced training or degree level plus experience.
– Experience in using Power Tools for Windows (PTW).
– Good computer skills, e.g. Excel.
– Knowledge of UK Standards.
– Demonstrated report writing skills of a high calibre.
– Excellent client relationship skills, demonstrated by referees.
– Excellent communication and team skills Ability to work as part of a team.
– Able to work to deadlines and under pressure.
– Good problem solving skills & creative thinking (innovation).
– Takes accountability for assigned work.