To be able to serve as a liaison between all the serving staff members and the kitchen staff to ensure superior customer service.
To minimize cost and increase profit for the restaurant while maintaining and enforcing quality standards.
To lead his team to attain the company’s objective.
To please the customer by providing a pleasant dining experience.
To make a name for the company in exceptional food quality and remarkable service.
• The restaurant captain must ensure that the restaurant is neat and presentable, as the Restaurant’s appearance directly influences customer perception of the establishment’s quality.
• The Captain must know all the menus by heart, beverage, dessert, soups, salad, sandwiches, entrees (chicken, beef, and seafood’s), grills, pizza, and pasta. The main ingredients as well as prices.
• He must be able to suggest various menus based on the preference of the customers (like vegetarians & special food request).
• He must ensure that all centerpieces are on the tables properly and that linens, place mats, utensils and glasses are clean. All equipment lights, televisions, electric fans, air conditioners, fire sprinklers, alarms, fire extinguishers etc… are all in good working condition.
• It is the responsibility of the Captain to ensure all hostess and waiters are adequately trained, informed and knowledgeable about menu items and daily specials or freebies (if any). Coordinates with the Cashier regarding any change or additional orders from the customers for billing purposes.
• The restaurant captain acts as the communicator between the kitchen, the waiters and Management. He must relay any changes that arise in the menu from the kitchen to the waiters.
• When a guest has special dietary needs or meal requirements, the restaurant captain must be able to relay these requests to the kitchen staff.
• Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction.
• Ensure uniforms and personal appearance are clean and professionally presentable.
• Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
• Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the Restaurant Manager;
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
|Job Location:||United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|