Senior Commercial Manager – EC Harris Dubai, UAE
About the Company
EC Harris is a leading global Built Asset Consultancy. As an ARCADIS company, we have access to 22,000 employees and more than EUR 2.5 billion in revenues. Working across a wide range of market sectors, we help our clients make the most from the money they spend on built assets. Our goal is to generate the best possible outcomes for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
EC Harris’ vision is to be the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm, working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services.
What is Built Asset Consultancy?
Built Asset Consultancy is delivered by providing our clients, wherever they operate, with the best combination of sector know-how, professional skills and technology which delivers the most from the money spent on building, operating, using and owning assets.
What makes us different?
Our people. Leading experts in their field, our consultants are passionate about making a difference to our clients results. A mobile, international workforce comprised of 22,000 professionals in 70 countries, we have built our expertise in projects big and small, technical and strategic, across the world for leading client organisations.
Leading commercial management on a major multi-billion dollar infrastructure or building programme from inception to completion.
Maximize the financial effectiveness and profitability of the project through diligent application of proper contractual and commercial practices with a strong focus on managing cost. Developing an excellent working relationship with the client and the whole project team to work together and successfully deliver the programme.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties:
Pre Award Activities:
– Delivers best value solutions for all allocated commercial activities based on optimising the balance between cost and risk.
– Identifies and drives innovative solutions and methodologies and identifies opportunities to enhance the Companys commercial performance and practice.
– Manages and leads the commercial activities within own portfolio area. Activities include providing the following for complex high value and/or high risk sub contract requirements:
– Creating and managing plans for the total commercial activity
– Developing sub-contract strategies and risk assessments
– Leading commercial input to sub-contract specifications
– Leading the tender process from commencement to completion
– Leads negotiations with suppliers
– Provides authoritative and accurate professional advice on complex commercial matters throughout the life cycle of the SLC M&O contract and sub-contracts.
– Competent in preparing strategy documents, business cases and other written business documentation relative to own portfolio area.
– Has detailed knowledge of all applicable aspects of the Head Contract and ensures that all Customer requirements are understood and complied with within allocated commercial activities.
– Contributes to the preparation and management of the Life Time Plan, the Make/Buy process and the Procurement Plan, including maintaining accurate, complete and current information on own sub-contracts.
– Ensures that the site remains compliant with commercial policies and procedures, through training, raising awareness, monitoring, governance and audit processes.
– Supports the Commercial Team Leader in the management of the commercial team where appropriate.
Post Award Activities:
– Uses the Companys procurement systems to retrieve data to use as a basis of decision making and identifying opportunities to improve delivery.
– Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all work activities, including inputting and controlling data on company commercial systems.
– Carries out commercial tasks and manages sub-contract management activities within own agreed work portfolio of complex high value/high risk performance to include supplier management, sub-contract administration and managing of delivery and risk.
– Supports the Contract Specialist Team Leader in facilitating positive relationships and maximising satisfaction with the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), internal customers and suppliers. Also supports the commercial governance process, carrying out peer reviews of performance and compliance at site or company level, recording and sharing the learning.
– Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
– As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
– May be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
– Support colleagues learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
The successful candidate will have previously worked in a similar role and have extensive leadership experience. Previous Middle East experience is not essential for this role but is preferred.
– Degree qualified
– Major programme experience
– At least 15 years post degree experience
Experience within commercial (including but not limited to):
– Knowledge of best practice Procurement principles and methodologies
– Knowledge of relevant Contract Law and commercial legislation
– Knowledge of European procurement legislation
– Understanding of principles of commercial risk management
– Understanding of principles of project management
Individual Personal Attributes:
– You will be a team player with the ability to manage others, be an exceptional multi-tasker and have natural time management skills. You must be able to use your own initiative, be degree qualified and be fluent in written and spoken English.
– You will be a talented individual who wants to be part of a world leading Blue Chip international consultancy working on high profile projects.