Senior Manager MEP – Facilities and Operations – Majid Al Futtaim Properties (MAF Properties) Dubai, UAE
About the Company
Majid Al Futtaim Properties is one of MENA’s leading diversified property companies with operations across shopping malls, hotels and mixed-use communities.
The Shopping Malls Business Unit, an industry leader, owns, manages and develops mall destinations that provide memorable shopping, entertainment and social experiences for its customers. Majid Al Futtaim Properties has pioneered the regional face of retail, leisure and entertainment, since the launch of its first mall, Deira City Centre in 1995. The company’s mall portfolio includes 17 shopping centres across UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Egypt and Lebanon with a combined gross leasable area (GLA) of over 1 million sqm, more than 2,800 tenants and an increasing footfall of over 160 million visitors in 2013.
The Hotel Business Unit develops and manages hotels and branded serviced apartments that are synergistic with the company’s malls. Majid Al Futtaim owns nine hotels in the UAE and two in Bahrain. Their strategic proximity to the malls contributes to welcoming over 1.2 million guests annually.
The Communities Business Unit develops quality mixed-use projects anchored by residential housing. Majid Al Futtaim currently has three communities under development. The Wave, a joint venture with the government of Oman to develop Muscat’s largest ocean-front integrated community; Al Zahia, a joint venture with the Government of Sharjah, to build the Emirate’s first gated residential community with a regional mall in a prime growth corridor; The 250,000 sqm Waterfront City development in Beirut, Lebanon, a joint venture with Société Joseph Khoury & Fils Holding SAL to build Beirut’s premier mixed used community with one of the largest marinas in the Mediterranean.
Majid Al Futtaim Properties is recognised as a sustainability leader in the MENA region. According to the 2013 Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey, the company ranks No. 1 in MENA, second in the Asia-Pacific region and in the top 133 property businesses worldwide. In 2013, Majid Al Futtaim launched its new five-year sustainability strategy with the vision to enhance people’s lives through sustainable real estate. This commitment is reflected in Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ pioneering standards, prosperous communities and high performance assets.
To oversee Technical and Property management of Majid Al Futtaim Properties Shopping Malls to ensure that best practice and standards in: MEP, Maintenance Management, Property Management, Cleaning quality, Security practices and Key contractor liaison are properly managed, Audited and improved to meet the requirements of the business and international standards
1. To Train the malls operation managers on review and follow up on MEP related issues and Dalkias operations and performance.
2. To oversee and support the work of the mall MEP Operations and technical Managers to ensure that technical and property audits of installations, buildings and services of all malls is carried out at least once a year with report and recommendations for improvement are presented for discussion and review.
3. Oversee the management of MAF Dalkia contracts in relation to the Shopping Malls division
4. Review monthly reports and billings from MAF DALKIA. Review and check consumption figures, consumable pricing and quantities and ensure reliable inventory control.
5. Manage and report on the achievement of MAF Dalkia KPIs in accordance with their contracts and raise the necessary improvement notices for the Mall to endorse
6. Provide advice on capital and maintenance expenditures not included in facilities management contracts and review and attend meetings with consultants to assess recommended solutions.
7. Review annual Routine MEP and building maintenance Capex Budgets to ensure that they are complete, accurate and presented on time and in line with Finance submission requirements
8. Review and oversee major asset management and technical contracts to ensure Total Quality Management, appropriate scope, best practice and value for money.
9. Carry Out Regular Audits of Workers accommodation in line with the requirements of the CSR Policy and issue improvement and non-compliance notices as appropriate.
10. Implement with the Associate Director Operations and Safety standard monthly reports from 3rd party contractors i.e. hours, expenses, consumption of consumables supply, faulty equipment, and performance including Cities and countries not Managed by MAF Dalkia
11. Prepare and distribute special reports on new ideas and practices when appropriate.
12. Prepare and launch energy conservation program.
1. Ideally extensive experience in MEP Services and the management of commercial buildings and facilities
2. Management skills and the ability to relate to the complexities of managing real property.
3. University degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
4. Certificate in Occupational Health. and Safety is an advantage
5. Excellent communication skills and ability to arbitrate.
6. Sound knowledge of security management systems