SOC Analyst (Tier1)
Demonstrated experience with security incident handling including: investigating issues to determine if there is a real security incident or a false positive, notifying customers if there is a security incident, and sending customers standardized emails specifying the steps they need to take to fix the problems. This position is the first to see an incident and may have to escalate to more senior analysts.
Demonstrated experience with change management including: processing change requests relating to security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems and other security devices. This position is responsible for the initial processing of change requests and will submit them for peer review to more senior analysts or engineers.
Device and health monitoring including: troubleshooting network connectivity problems concerning managed security devices. This position is responsible for escalating issues identified to more senior analysts or engineers for isolation and root cause analysis.
– Excellent customer service skills
– Proven technical expertise in information and network security
– Well rounded understanding and command of the fundamentals of network routing, TCP/IP and network security
• ITIL Practitioner in a relevant area
• At least 1-3 years SOC experience as a Security Analyst
• Platform experience with Splunk, AccelOps or ArcSight is a bonus
• Certifications such as CEH, GIAC, GCIH
• Experience with 3 of the below technologies
– Experience monitoring and incident handling of security issues
– Understanding or regex and other methods for logic determination
– Good understanding of security kill chain and Veris framework
– Strong communication skills
– Good problem solving skills
– Proactive in engaging with customers
– Good Linux experience
– High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree in IT/CIS or equivalent work experience
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Computer/Software; Computer/Hardware; Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|