The Employing company is an independent and privately owned international oilfield services company with Headquarters in Europe and the UAE and presence in over 50 countries. The Company delivers field based solutions for the improvement of exploration, reservoir evaluation and drilling effectiveness. The Finance department seeks to add a resource in its Dubai office.
The Software Engineer will be involved in the complete lifecycle of new software products, from design and development to installation, implementation, training and support. He/she can also be tasked with maintenance of existing software solutions requiring bug fixing and improvements. The Software Engineer will work under the guidance and leadership of the Senior Software Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the development of software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Together with the software development team, develop High quality software products (both from structural and functional point of view) following the ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) adopted by the company
• Assists in determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Monthly Salary:||US $4,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|