To manage all aspects of the restaurant kitchen and culinary offer, building an effective and motivated team which delivers consistent operational standards.
Key Position Accountabilities
The job holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
• Responsible for the overall management of the kitchen in the absence of the senior chefs which includes, ensuring that daily checks are done, managing the junior team memebers and beng accountable for the quality standards of the food being served and ensuring ELR/Check Mate International (CMI) standards are adhered to.
• Understands and practice basic food hygine at all times as defined within the comapany operational manual and the Daily Dilignecy Diary (DDD), which includes overseeing the process of maintenance of fridges and general equipment cleaniliness, to maintain a clean and safe working enviroment at all times.
• Communicate any information to the relevant team members, which includes information on stock levels, best working practices, quality control in accordance with the company standards.
• Ensure that all food preparation and food levels are consistent with quality and quantity standards, by conducting frequent quality checks of dishes to ensure that the kitchen is providing the best service possible
Manage the controls of storage of all food items by minimizing spoilage, par levels of stock, daily production lists, waste, and exercising strict portion control to minimise cost impact on the business
• Ensure that subordinates follow guildelines and standard operating procedures whick includes, working in line with set recipies and in line with the DDD to ensure that a consistent level of service is provided.
• Drives the maintenance of the finance inventory system (MYI system) to ensure that the ordering and receving procedure meets the culinary operation’s demands
• Manage the culinary team which includes, fair and dynamic scheduling, conducting performance appraisals and coaching team members where appropriate to maintain an effective and motivated workforce
• Train junior employees on standard operating procedures detailed in the DDD which includes, correct use of machinery and equipment, regular cleaning methods and monitoring the deep cleaning schedule to ensure that the kitchen is in line with stringent audit requirements.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Catering/Food Services/Restaurants|
|Monthly Salary:||US $2,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|