SOX Manager – Mackenzie Jones Dubai, UAE
About the Company
Mackenzie Jones Middle East has decades of HR, Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Sales, Secretarial & Business Support, Management Consulting and Engineering recruitment expertise. Along with a deep understanding of key market sectors and regions, we never forget to treat clients, companies and candidates as individuals who have unique needs.
So we always listen, constantly learn, occasionally challenge and frequently advise. It’s all part of a service renowned for its courtesy, consideration and dedication. Based in Dubai since 2006, our office covers the GCC and Levant countries and with the right regional expertise, we are the leading specialists.
We’re growing rapidly because people appreciate our honesty, commitment and results.
Areas of specialties we recruit for are: Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Secretarial & Business Support, Executive Search, Banking & Financial Services, Management Consulting and Engineering.
Our client, a leading multinational media company, is looking for a SOX Manager to join their office here in Dubai.
Reporting to the Finance Controller the successful candidate will be responsible for managing for performing the assessment of risks and internal controls over financial reporting.
Job responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
– Key participant in the execution of the quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley certification process.
– Partner with process and control owners on the ongoing design and testing of internal controls as well as any remediation
– Schedule and facilitate process walkthroughs, create process flows, and identify relevant SOX controls
– Participate in the development of control evidence expectations and SOX testing plans
– Work with stakeholders to remediate and close out identified deficiencies, within defined timeframes.
– Maintain managements document repository for control documentation
– Previous experience in a similar role
– At least 5 years of experience
– SOX management and internal control implementation
– Graduate of Finance or related degree