Tax Analyst – I-Talent
This is a role reporting to the Group Head of Tax at the Head Office.
Although the group has its most significant operations in the UAE, there are businesses across a dozen countries around the world. The role is accordingly focused on the UAE, however, has the potential to provide exposure to taxes outside the UAE.
1. Obtain and maintain a good understanding of the various business activities carried on across the
group and the differing ERP systems used by group companies.
2. Lead VAT return preparation meetings with each business unit to ensure the accuracy of their VAT
returns. Ahead of this meeting, review VAT transactions to identify anomalies/ potential errors
which need to be investigated at the meeting.
3. Make VAT return filings on the FTA portal for all group companies
4. Review VAT return preparation files and provide feedback to group companies
5. Ensure the accurate and timely processing of VAT payments.
6. Stay abreast of VAT developments in the UAE, and monitor developments across the GCC. Assist in
communicating key developments to group companies.
7. Assist with answering VAT queries raised by group companies.
8. Assist with handling correspondence with the FTA and the management of tax audits
9. Assist with the collation of management information on the cost of VAT to the group.
10. Provide training to new and existing staff across the group as needed.
11. Support the Head of Tax with compliance with the newly introduced substance requirements and
country by country reporting in the UAE.
12. Support the Head of Tax with ad hoc projects relating to operations outside the UAE.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Distributions and Logistics|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|