To satisfy the customer by providing a pleasant dining experience, with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
– It is the waiters’/ waitress first responsibility to know all the menus of the restaurant, from beverage, soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta, Pizza, chicken, meat & seafood entrees, grilled menus, and down to desserts.
– He//She should know what the main ingredients of the meal is, like Chicken with tomato sauce or pasta with white sauce, or the different types of rice and side dishes like fries, green salad or French onion soup…
– The waiter / waitress should be aware of the daily specials like soup for the day, or new products like Turkish Coffee as well as cakes we can serve for a customer with a birthday and others………
– Presents menus to guest and answer question about menu items, can be able to make recommendations upon request. Inform guest of daily special, if any…….
– A waiter/waitress has to fill the glasses of water on the table for the guests to drink, while choosing what to order.
– Ensure table preparation:
a. Make sure the tables are clean, linens are clean and arrange properly
b. Table mats are in place complete with spoon, fork, knife & glass.
c. Regular condiments- salt, pepper, sugar, cream & napkin containers are filled up.
d. Check the Chair cushions and decorations around the table.
– Waiter also performs food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers and cold dishes, portioning of desserts, slicing fruits for juice preparation, and preparing other items needed for brewing coffee etc….
– Stock service area with supplies such as coffee, creamer/milk, napkins, paper cups, disposable fork & spoon and others.
– Waiters should be able to take orders, enter it into the computer transmittal device, memorize the order.
– Prepare the necessary plates and type of spoon or knife needed.
– When the food is ready, the waiter serves the guests in a decent manner.
– If the number of customers is more than one, the waiter have to remember which person ordered what food and place the proper dish in front of them.
– Check with the customer to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problem or may be take additional orders.
– Be able to coordinate with the Cashier regarding the bill when the guest is done eating
– Clean tables after the guest are finished or maybe packed take-away foods (if any)
– Remove dishes and glasses from the table and take them to the kitchen for cleaning.
– Guide customer to the exit and say “thank you for coming, hope you enjoy your meal or please visit us again soon” and SMILE
|Job Location:||United Arab Emirates|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|